Just now, I visited the site new7wonders.com to see who's leading in the ranking of the "New 7 Wonders." And here's what I got!
1. Ha Long Bay : VIET NAM - Asia
2. Cox's Bazar, Beach : BANGLADESH - Asia
3. Ganges, River : BANGLADESH/ INDIA - Asia
4. Amazon River, River/Forest : BOLIVIA/ BRAZIL/ COLOMBIA/ ECUADOR/ PERU/ VENEZUELA - South America
5. Mount Everest, Mountain : NEPAL - Asia
6. Mount Fuji, Mountain : JAPAN - Asia
7. Tubbataha Reef : PHILIPPINES - Asia
8. Cocos Island, Island : COSTA RICA - North America
9. Chocolate Hills : PHILIPPINES - Asia
10. Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park : PHILIPPINES - Asia
Just to let you know, the ranking you see above is based on the "NEW top 77 of the day," dated today, May 21, 2008 at 9:47 p.m (here in my clock). On the list, my very own country, Philippines is on it's way making it to the top! We have three entries now that is included in the top ten! This is really somehow a great leap from before where in we rank very far.
Let's support the entries from the Philippines!