Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sonia Sotomayor Nomination

I visited my Twitter account a while ago and noticed a trending topic "Sonia Sotomayor." I wondered who is person is so I made a research and learned that just today, Sotomayor, a federal judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit was nominated by Pres. Barack Obama for appointment to the U.S. Supreme Court, to replace retiring Justice David Souter.

My Twitter friends are very eager to know about her so I got this brief profile of her from Wiki.
Born June 25, Sotomayor was born in The Bronx, New York, to Puerto Rican parents. She grew up in a housing project in the South Bronx, a short walk from Yankee Stadium. She was diagnosed with diabetes at age 8. Her father, a tool-and-die worker with a third-grade education, died the following year. Her mother, a nurse, raised Sotomayor and her younger brother, who is now a doctor. In 1976 Sotomayor married while still a student at Princeton University, and divorced in 1983.
To know more about her, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment